National Board Dental Examination (NBDE)
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) is the United States national dental examination for students and professionals in dentistry. It is required for licensure in the United States and may also be required when applying for postgraduate studies in dental specialities after completing a dental degree. Foreign-trained dentists also must take the NBDE in order to earn admission into advanced standing programs in US dental schools.
1. Human Anatomy, Embryology, and Histology
2. Biochemistry and Physiology
3. Microbiology and Pathology
4. Dental Anatomy and Occlusion.
2. Operative Dentistry
3. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Pain Control
4. Oral Diagnosis
5. Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry
6. Patient Management, including Behavioral Science, Dental Public Health and Occupational Safety